Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What am I drinking?

Well I'm glad you asked. I went to my local beer store, Habersham Beverage, and did a "make your own 6 pack" which is always a great idea if you want to try something new. The beer I am sippin on at the moment is called Moo-Hoo by Terrapin which is a Georgia brewery in Athens. The name is what got me. I love chocolate milk (who doesn't...) and the beer is labeled as a chocolate milk stout! Nom nom nom. 6% alcohol is a little low for my taste with stouts since I like the boozy taste with my darker beers. It pours black with just a little bit of a nice creamy brown head. Next is the smell and man o man does it smell good! I get more of a bitter cocoa and maybe just a hint of coffee? There is a lot of maltiness going on with the taste as expected, with lots of chocolate to go with it. It's a bit thin in texture and more light than anything but with some sips I get a creamy texture as well....which is strange. As I'm letting it sit and warm up the roastiness is starting to come out a lot and it's delicious. If you think you don't like stouts but would like to try some out, this might be a good starter beer. Very drinkable. Very tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment